While doing some research today I came across Danny Dover and his story is nothing short of inspiring. In 2010 he created a lost of more than 150 life goals and set a deadline of May 25, 2017 to achieving them. He tattooed his deadline on his butt and set out to achieve his goals.
Danny documented his adventures and shares them with the world over at https://www.lifelisted.com/
Now Danny in his bid to give back creates a monthly life list that he shares with his community and I’m adopting the list for October. It doesn’t hurt that his list is Fun, Free and Local; three things that I love 🙂
Danny’s list has a deadline of October 31st and include the following;
- Walk on a street that you have never been on before
- Drink only water for one day (food is okay)
- Be extra kind to someone
- Give a firm handshake
- Look someone in the eyes when talking to them
- Listen to falling water (pour it if you have to)
- Take a moment to laugh about nothing
- Kiss someone
- Spent five extra minutes grooming yourself
- Stop what you are doing and smell flowers
Seems easy enough so let’s go.
Today I’m starting a dream list… A list of things I dream of doing, places I dream of going and people I dream of meeting!
For years I’ve thought about my bucket list and all the things I want to do in this world, but I’ve never been able to put together an actual list together. Maybe because I’m the queen of procrastination or maybe because subconsciously I have a problem with making a list of things to do before I “kick the bucket”. The list for me has a sense of finality, like once I’ve done these things then that will be it for me, but while sitting in this quiet apartment in Queens, NY trying to figure out what my first post on this new website should be it hit me… Why not make a dream list? Being here in this moment is something I’ve dreamt about for years and here I am.
So… Let’s Keep Dreaming.
My Dream List
- Visit Every parish in Jamaica
- Visit every continent
- Visit New York (USA) (Oct. 4-14, 2018)
- Learn to Swim
- Do the jump at Rick’s Café (Jamaica)
- Visit Curacao
- Visit Toronto
- Visit Panama
- Go on a cruise with my girls
- Go on a cruise with my family
- Become a published author
- Run a successful website with over 100K readers/followers
- Be on the Ellen Show
We’ll check things off this list as I achieve them so stay with me on my journey as I keep dreaming.